"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus."
Helping Hands is a concrete expression of the "hands and feet" of Jesus, offering care that allows volunteers to use their interest, gifts, and available time. Their two-fold mission is to (1) help meet the day-to-day needs of temporary situations such as birth of a baby, or loss of a loved one and (2) remember with honor those members experiencing reduced mobility or socialization due to accident, illness or aging.
- support, such as house-sitting before, during, after funerals
- assistance with light housekeeping
- simple home repair
- yard work
- grocery shopping, general errands
- transportation for medical visits
- brief respite care for caregiver
- Communion - Monthly, following Communion at church, volunteers take and serve it as requested.
- Phone Calls - Friendly phone calls are made to members who are unable to get out.
- Cards and notes - Cards and notes are sent to those confined due to illness, hospitalization, and rehabilitation, as well as to celebrate a birthday or express empathy for a member experiencing difficult times.
- Home Touch - a weekly inspirational devotional is mailed to our homebound members, including those recuperating from accident or illness.
- Visitation - Periodic visits are made to private homes and nursing facilities.
Click here to volunteer in one of these ministry areas. Please include your full name, phone number, address, and area of service you prefer.