“What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has not deeds? Can such faith save him? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. You see that his (Abraham’s) faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. …” James 2:14-24
STEWARDSHIP REDIRECTED … It’s More Than Money! IT IS FAITH IN ACTION!
Stewardship is taking an exciting new direction at Virginia Beach United Methodist Church! Instead of a once-a-year commitment campaign and Consecration Sunday, it is a purposeful year-long program of communicating and celebrating the mission and ministries of the church and inspiring personal commitments! Stewardship is more than submitting an annual pledge card - it is about putting your faith into action and giving your time, talents, gifts, and resources throughout the year. Thank you for volunteering to serve and for your faithful financial support of Virginia Beach United Methodist Church!
- a reflection of God’s faithfulness revealed in us by a purpose and lifestyle that is continually taking the next step to a life that willingly imitates Jesus Christ.
- taking all the blessings you have been given – your talents, resources, and opportunities – and using them to expand the kingdom of God, change lives, and transform the world.
- an expression of spiritual growth through active prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness.
- putting our Christian faith into practice. It is active not passive. IT IS FAITH IN ACTION!
Stewardship is the time for celebration for all that our glorious Savior has done for us. Though previously the stewardship campaign came around only once a year, the reality is that it is the personal business plan for each of us for daily living. And our individual and church plan should outline the most important business in this life - total commitment to our Lord and Savior. It is the direct relation of how we feel about our God and the sacrifice of God's precious Son for each of us. It is not a once-a-year event; rather, it is the faithful way of a life in Christ for each day in this world. We are asked to be good stewards of all God has given us. We are to give our prayers, presence, gifts, and service responsibly as we celebrate Christ in our lives!
The cause for celebration is the lavish, limitless love of God. The cause for celebration comes from the Holy Spirit who has entered our hearts, our heads, and our personal experiences ultimately transforming our lives forever. The cause for celebration centers on Jesus Christ himself, our Saviour, who is the living Son of God. How do we, as the body of Christ, celebrate as we take our next steps on our Christian walk?
God gives to us ? Cause for Celebration ? We Give and Share with Others
Why Does God Want Us to Give?
- First and foremost we give because God, the greatest Giver of all, gave and keeps on giving. Our Christian giving should be a heartfelt response to God's selfless and magnificent gift -- the gift of Himself in the person of God's son, Jesus.
- As we give, we are glorifying God. We are recognizing and joyfully CELEBRATING God's gift of inexplicable and unimaginable proportions: Jesus.
- To CELEBRATE that we are doing God's will, just as he intends for us to do.
- To find joyful living.
- To discover our purpose.
- To move outside of ourselves and serve God by serving others.
- To more fully understand God's love.
- To be disciples of Christ.
What Does God Want Us to Give?
- Our Hearts
- Our Prayers
- Our Availability
- Our Tithes and Offerings
How Does God Want Us to Give of our Prayers, Presence, Gifts, and Service?
Let us, in God's name, be willing, generous, and cheerful givers in response to undeserved mercy and grace clothed in the love of Jesus Christ.
For further information click on the titles below:
Online Estimate of Giving
Charitable Giving Chart
Contribution Frequently Asked Questions
Stewardship Books and Videos
Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University